The paperwork required for a mortgage doesn’t have to overwhelm you. Putting together your mortgage checklist should be simple and easy. In an effort to help you organize the personal documents you’ll need to obtain a home loan, here’s a list of information that is typically required during the loan process:
- Current pay stubs (most recent 30 days worth of paystubs)
- Tax returns for the past two years including all schedules with any associated W-2’s, K-1’s, or 1099’s
- Bank statements for the past two months (all pages)
- Investment account statements for the past two months (all numbered pages)
- Retirement account statements for the past two months (all numbered pages)
- Copy of driver’s license for all loan applicants
- Divorce decree and marital settlement agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent mortgage account statement for all properties owned
- Home insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
- Copy of Property Tax Bill for the most recent year
- Most recent Homeowners Association (HOA) dues or statements
Your team at Liberty Home Loans is here to help make things simple. To access more helpful resources like your mortgage checklist, check out our Mortgage Learning Center page or get in touch with one of our mortgage professionals today!
Why Liberty Home Loans?
At Liberty Home Loans we are more than just mortgage providers – we are dedicated partners committed to empowering our customers with the freedom to achieve their dreams of homeownership. As a dynamic joint venture between Liberty Communities and FBC Mortgage, we create a seamless and transparent mortgage experience, ensuring that the process of building your home is efficient, stress-free, and tailored to you. Through our exceptional service, extensive industry knowledge, and a collaborative approach, we aim to make a positive and lasting impact on the communities we serve.
All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice.
Learn More About Mortgages
Many buyers find that applying for a mortgage can trigger an influx of marketing from other companies trying to win their business. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this flood of offers from overwhelming you during an already stressful time.